Guard Street Secure Shopper Policy
Except as required by law, Guard Street Secure Shopper:
- will not target our customers based on their behavior on other websites across the web;
- will not allow companies helping to either facilitate the product or service to share your data with anyone else;
- will only use and store data for (i) the express purposes we disclose/reserve hereunder, (ii) the purposes that you may authorize from time to time, (iii) purposes of making suggestions and recommendations in respect of programs, products, software and services that we believe will be of interest to you, (iv) our website loyalty program, (v) continually improving and providing the best possible customer experience for the products, software and services that we market on our website currently and in the future, and (vi) compliance under applicable law; and
- will not contact you in any manner if you unsubscribe and/or opt out of from our website and other communications.
Information We Collect
Collection of Personal Information. We do not automatically collect personal information when you browse the Website. We only collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address and credit card information when you specifically and knowingly provide it to us by establishing and registering an account, placing an order, completing online forms, or opting in to receive our newsletter. Information that you furnish to GuardStreet.com is used to provide the services available through the Website.
From Customers and Visitors of our Website and Services We Collect The Following:
- Your Name
- E-mail Address
- Mobile or home phone number
- Payment Information
- Address as necessary to fulfill the products or services
- Limited usage data to be able to suggest other products and services from the website
- From those customers who opt to enroll in the loyalty program or receive our newsletter, we collect only the usage information to fulfill our obligations for providing the emailed newsletter or extending savings from the loyalty program
- Google analytics data
- Submissions on the 'Contact Us' page
- Any e-mails we receive from visitors and customers alike.
Third Party Links and Services. The Website contains links to third-party websites including social networking websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites or services to which we link or that link to us. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or services. The personal information you choose to provide to such third parties, or that is collected by them, is not covered by this Policy. We strongly encourage you to read such third parties' privacy policies.
We use your information for the purpose for which you provided it and we may also use your information for other purposes such as to:
- Create and maintain your account or registration;
- Enhance the user experience;
- Suggest products, services and software;
- Respond to and fulfill your request for services (including processing orders);
- Send you communications related to your account and to alert you of the latest developments and features of the Website.
- Placing and completing an order (we do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order).
- E-mail address is used to send subscription information, payment confirmations and other permitted correspondence.
User-Initiated Communication. From time to time, portions of the Website may enable you to send emails and other types of messages to us or third parties. Whenever you choose to initiate these kinds of communications with us, you may be contacted in return.
Customer Reviews. We post customer reviews on the Website which may contain personally identifiable information. We will obtain a customer's consent by email prior to posting their review.
If you want to disable cookies, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies.
As is true of most websites, we gather some visitor information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer our site, to learn about user behavior on our site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When visitors and customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links contained in the email messages.
Opting In and Out of Email Communications. From time to time, we may send you email notices or news updates alerting you to new features, products and services pertaining to our offerings, or other topics that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials from us, you may opt out of receiving these communications by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at email@example.com. We will make every reasonable effort to remove your information from further email communications within 15 days of your unsubscribe request.
Data Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information that we receive from you, while the information is being transmitted and once we receive it. When you provide us with sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our order forms, we encrypt the information using secure socket layer technology, which is commonly referred to as “SSL.” However, despite our best efforts, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We encourage you to contact us immediately if you believe that any personally identifiable information that you have provided us has been compromised and is being used contrary to this Policy.
Single Sign-On. You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
When does Guard Street Secure Shopper Share Personal Information With Third Parties? Guard Street Secure Shopper may share your personally-identifiable information with a select group of third party companies whose products or services you may find of interest and to allow these companies to contact you. “Personally-Identifiable information” may include your name, phone number, email address, mailing address. Guard Street Secure Shopper also may provide links on our web site to third party companies whose products or services you may find of interest, to allow these companies to offer their products or services to you. If you choose to purchase any such third party company’s products and/or services, this is a business relationship between you and the third party company.
We provide your name, email address and mailing address to certain third party mailing list agents who aggregate the names and addresses that we provide along with customer names and addresses provided by other consumer product companies. These other consumer product companies then may pay the list agent to obtain your name and address for the purpose of sending you their marketing information. If you do not want us to provide your name, email address and address to such mailing list agents in the future, please call us at 1-800-831-0096 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose personal information about you or third parties without notice in response to a subpoena or when we believe in good faith that the law permits or requires it or to respond to an emergency situation. We may also share personal information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or
- Investigating fraud that has already taken place.
Personal information is not provided to these agencies or companies for marketing purposes.
We may also share statistical or aggregated information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. No personal information is supplied in these cases. This data is used to customize our web site content and advertising to deliver a better experience to our users.
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by contacting us. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if we determine it is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be granted by contacting us.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 years old, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Comments and Questions
Guard Street Secure Shopper
120 East Liberty Street, Suite 220
Wheaton, IL 60187
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at info@GuardStreet.com.
April 7th, 2016